Children participating in band, sports, dance, cheer or other vigorous activity should have annual sports physicals. At Pontchartrain Pediatrics we conduct a complete physical exam that includes:
- taking your child's vitals and measurements
- checking your child's vision and hearing
- performing a complete blood count and urinalysis
- ordering a screening EKG, in some cases
Our goals and objectives for conducting a complete sports physical are:
- Determine that the athlete is in general good health.
- Assess the athlete's present fitness level.
- Detect conditions that predispose the athlete to new injuries.
- Evaluate any existing injuries of the athlete.
- Detect congenital anomalies that increase the athlete's risk of injury.
- Detect poor preparticipation conditioning that may put the athlete at increased risk.
"Dr Templet is an amazing doctor. She takes time with my daughter and I’m very pleased. The nurses and staff are very considerate of the child’s needs. " Elizabeth M., Mandeville, LA