Children participating in band, sports, dance, cheer or other vigorous activity should have annual sports physicals. At Pontchartrain Pediatrics we conduct a complete physical exam that includes:
- taking your child's vitals and measurements
- checking your child's vision and hearing
- performing a complete blood count and urinalysis
- ordering a screening EKG, in some cases
Our goals and objectives for conducting a complete sports physical are:
- Determine that the athlete is in general good health.
- Assess the athlete's present fitness level.
- Detect conditions that predispose the athlete to new injuries.
- Evaluate any existing injuries of the athlete.
- Detect congenital anomalies that increase the athlete's risk of injury.
- Detect poor preparticipation conditioning that may put the athlete at increased risk.
"I like that when my child is sick a same day appointment is available at this office. Every doctor we have seen has been great and staff too. I recommend this all the time. " Brenda G., Mandeville, LA